Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot

So, probably the biggest project in this place is going to be the kitchen.  That should be no surprise, I guess.  It usually is the most expensive and most time consuming of all the household remodels.

Here, however, I have some special issues.  Before I can start fixing, I have to clear things out.  And I have a lot to clear out. 


The biggest things are the Hotpoint stove and refrigerator - both from about 1950.  I would love to not throw them away.  They deserve a new home and a new life with someone who will love them.  And I have no doubt that there is someone out there who could love them.

The fridge needs some work.  The door gaskets need to be replaced and it needs the mother of all deep cleanings.  But I think all the shelves, drawers, etc are there.


The range is oh so much better.  All the burners work and I assume that the ovens do too, but I haven't tried them.  I even found the original manual and recipe book that came with it.  How cool is that?!? 


I'm trying to find just the right antique appliance dealer or collector to take these off my hands.  If you can help me out, send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment